You may be planning to travel with your family during a holiday. To ensure a hassle-free and enjoyable trip, check everything from planning safe routes to ensuring your car is in good condition -- before you begin.
The most important thing, however, is to check if your vehicle is covered by insurance. It is also essential to understand the contents of your policy and coverage, because it can simplify the process of filing a claim.
So before you drive off, familiarise yourself with these insurance tips.
- Read the content of PSAKBI (Polis Standar Asuransi Kendaraan Bermotor Indonesia or Indonesia Standard Automobile Insurance Policy) carefully. The PSAKBI is included in your policy schedule. It is important to know its standard terms and legal terms. To enhance your understanding, please contact the nearest call centre of your insurer.
- Make sure you know the type of coverage for your automobile insurance: Comprehensive or Total Loss Only? Choose only the one you need.
- Pay attention to the extended coverage\ e.g. strikes, riots and civil commotion, floods, landslides, earthquakes, 3rd party liability, or other cover. You can customize your coverage when you purchase your insurance.
- When registering a claim, please include the supporting documents such as loss report detail description of the incident, a copy of the policy, SIM (driver's license), and STNK (vehicle registration document).
- Keep the important phone numbers, including the phone number of your insurance provider.
A better understanding of your policy contents helps you understand your rights and obligations. It creates a better relationship between you and your insurance provider -- so you can expect better service.
Best of all, you and your family won’t be surprised – or alarmed – by anything. Happy holidays!
Let's Get in Touch