Assistant Manager, Internal Audit
- Assists the Senior Manager/ Manager in ensuring satisfactory completion of the Audit Plan and Management of open audit issues, Audit Committee materials and Internal Audit Department reporting requirements.
- Supports the Head of Internal Audit in the role of assurance provider and consultant to the CEO and Business Units in supporting the Company’s strategic business plan and objectives.
- Support the role of providing value-add and enhancing the appropriate policies and procedures to guide the internal audit function, and ensure the quality of the assurance services delivered.
- Assist the Senior Manager/ Manager to plan, develop and oversees the execution of the annual Audit Plan.
- Ensure timely escalation of risk and controls assessments together with actionable recommendations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Internal Audit/ Audit Manager as and when necessary.
- Minimum Professional Qualification in Tertiary education in business/ accountancy or statistics.
- Professional membership/ certification with recognised Professional bodies i.e. MIA, ICPAS, ISACA, IIA preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years of mixed experience in a Finance/ Insurance/ Business related role, with a minimum of three (3) years spent in a multinational organization.
- Knowledgeable in Financial Services industry especially insurance.
- Able to benchmark against international Internal Auditing best practices and lead the team to perform and deliver value to stakeholders using up-to-date auditing techniques and methodologies.
- Strong and effective communication skills in writing, presentations and inter-personal communication.
- Able to work well and manage various stakeholder relations, towards good governance and a sound controls environment.
- Resourceful, meticulous and the ability to multi-task a full spectrum of responsibilities.
- Strong business acumen and organisation awareness to be an effective adviser in Internal Controls and matters pertaining to corporate governance to the Head of Internal Audit and other Business Units.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Highly proficient in relevant computer skills (Word, Excel and Power Point).