- Develop a comprehensive internal audit program for the Company. Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the internal audit program.
- Coordinate the Department’s activities and all applicable regulatory agencies and examiners to best utilize available resources and achieve established objectives.
- Annually to discuss the Department’s scope and schedule for the coming year.
- Periodically to review and discuss audit findings and other matters at other such times as necessary.
- Review Company practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy and recordkeeping.
- Develop audit findings and recommendations to appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by or brought to the auditor’s attention.
- Investigate, as requested by Audit Committee or Senior Management on fraud, embezzlements, and defalcations within the Company. Work in cooperation with law enforcement agencies in any such cases as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as required, consistent with the goals, objectives, and responsibilities of the Internal Audit Department.
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CIA/CFSA/CA/CISA/CRMA is an advantage.
- At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Executives specializing in Banking/Financial Services or equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and also Team Mate Audit Management System.
- Team player with detailed oriented and excellent time management to meet deadlines on the assignments.