- Design, build, integrate, and test new Web applications, as well as enhance, maintain and troubleshoot existing applications.
- Provide solutions and architecture for Web applications.
- Assess and estimate the development effort required for new applications and application enhancements.
- Create website layout/user interface.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Complete the assigned development tasks on time and with high quality.
- Support improvement on application development process in order to achieve delivery excellence.
- Provide support to online and batch application incidents reported by users and IT operators and resolve them within defined service level.
- Analyse root cause, assess impact, and provide solution and recovery including program fixes and data correction.
- Review the programs and objects to be deployed to ensure that they are adhering to application development standards and release management procedures.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical abilities as well as research into emerging technologies.
- Coach and mentor junior team members to increase their quality and productivity.
- Conduct internal training & knowledge sharing with peers regularly.
- Possess a Degree / Diploma in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
- Three (3) years and above experience in IT application development, maintenance and solution delivery preferably in insurance & financial services field.
- Professional experience with insurance applications such as web portals, mobile applications, sales illustration, e-submission, enterprise content management, and business process management.
- Understand current web development standards, software development paradigms, and design patterns.
- Knowledge in Objective C, Swift, Java, UX, automated testing, and any of emerging technologies (such as Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive technology, and Data Science) will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to multitask, collaborate, work well within a team environment, and willing to meet challenging targets,
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.