Life/Asia Application Developer
Support the core back office system namely Life/Asia for business-as-usual or project-related requirements.
- Confirms requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor and/or business users.
- Prepare technical specification documents according to knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Code the program according to specifications in compliance to pre-defined coding standards.
- All compliance and user ID privileges must be strictly adhered to.
- Ensure the function is delivered to exacting specifications by confirming program operation through unit tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes as required.
- Deliver the function according to established deployment process and methodology.
- Render effective technical support and advisory on product development and user requirements.
- Exercise proper control to ensure timely completion of tasks given in Life/Asia per an agreed schedule.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Prepare operating manuals, references for users and other documentation as required.
- Product testing, as required from time to time.
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Any other job related tasks or assignments that may be reasonably assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- A recognized Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or any other equivalent qualification.
- At least five (5) years of working experiences in relevant experience.
- Conversant with SMART/400 programming and Life/Asia.
- Understanding of life insurance practices would be an advantage.
- Knowledge in SDLC or other methodologies/best practices.
- Thorough and precise, quality-oriented, able to multi-task and proactive.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.