A needs-based insurance solution with the option to progressively build cover according to one’s affordability level.
What is SME Plus insurance?
It is a comprehensive plan which can be tailored to be a complete risk management solution for businesses based on preferred industry segments and risks appetite, aligning to our business partners’ objectives.
The package offers multiple benefits.
Protection from potential elements that can disrupt or damage your business
Peace of mind at affordable rates
Flexibility to pick and package the coverage to match your needs
Here is an overview of your coverage
Smart 1 - Basic Coverage
Safeguard your property, physical assets & fulfil your legal obligations. (Choose minimum 1)
1. Fire and Special Perils Cover loss or damage to your property caused by fire, lightning and domestic explosion. For an additional premium, you can extend coverage to these risks.
Bursting or overflowing of water tanks apparatus or pipes
Riot, strike and malicious damage
Damage by falling trees or branches and object there from
Cold Storage Clause A and B
Sprinkler leakage (on Building and on Contents)
Electrical Installations Clause A and B
Earthquake and volcanic eruption
2. All Risks
Cover for Loss or damage to property insured caused by fire, burglary, accidental damage and other causes not specifically excluded under the policy.
Mobile items i.e. notebook, camera, handphone, etc.
Non-mobile items i.e. office equipment, computer, electronic equipment, etc.
To identify the high exposure risk items – For instance, Jewellery, stock in trade, equipment used for underwater activities, tower crane/mobile crane, and offshore machinery tools.
Protect your physical assets and fulfill your legal obligations (Choose minimum 3)
1. Glass Cover against accidental breakages to the fixed glass at your premises.
2. Fidelity Guarantee Cover against any direct pecuniary loss you may sustain through act (dishonesty) by your employee such as act(s) of forgery, embezzlement, larceny or fraudulent conversion. The coverage is not limited to loss of monies but also cover loss of real property and merchandise (stock-in-trade) belonging to you.
Cover property that belongs to you or is held by you in trust or on commission, against
Loss by theft resulting from forcible and violent entry
Any attempt thereat including Armed Robbery and Hold-up
4. Machinery Breakdown
Cover against sudden and unforeseen physical damage to your machinery whether at work or at rest and during cleaning, inspection, over-hauling, and removal to another position within the premises during subsequent re-erection.
5. Public Liability Cover against all sum which you shall become legally liable to pay for compensation in respect of:
i) Bodily injury or illness to Third Party;
ii) Loss of or damage to third party property
as a result of an accident arising out of your negligence
6. Employer’s Liability Cover against liability at law to pay compensation to your employee (s) including costs and expenses in respect of accidental bodily injury or disease arising out of and in the course of employment.
7. Money Cover money that is
whilst in transit or kept in your premises as stated in the Policy Schedule
Smart 1 - Other Optional Covers
1. Fire Consequential Loss Cover against loss of profits resulting from business interruption or interference in consequence of loss or destruction or damage to Insured's property under the Fire policy subject to the terms, exceptions and conditions of the policy
2. Electronic Equipment
Cover against any unforeseen and sudden loss or damage to the computers, accessories and peripherals (if insured) from any accidental causes other than those specifically excluded.
Smart 2 - Optional Cover
Protect your biggest asset – your employees
1. Group Hospitalization Scheme (GHS) Cover for medical treatment costs incurred by your employee(s) for hospitalization due to accidents or sickness.
2. Group Personal Accident (GPA)
Cover for bodily injury sustained by your employees caused by accidental means.
3. Group Term Life (GTL)
Cover for death, total and permanent disability, dread diseases and infectious diseases sustained by your employees.
Smart 3 - Optional Cover
Coverage for what matters most, your health and well-being
1. Major Motor Medical
Cover for Daily Hospital Income and/or Daily ICU/High Dependency Unit (HDU) in the event you suffer an injury and is confined to a hospital due to motor accident.
2. Cancer LoanBreak
Cover for 12 monthly loan instalments when you receive treatment of either Chemotherapy or Radiotherapy for cancer or being diagnosed with Terminal Cancer.
Cover for stated lump sum benefit in the event you are diagnosed with Dengue Fever.
4. Travel Partner
Cover for the benefit(s) stated in the event occurring while you are travelling (Domestic & International).
5. Medic Partner Cover for medical costs incurred by you for hospitalization due to accidents or sickness.
6. PA Partner Cover for bodily injury caused by accidental means which result in death, permanent disablement or medical and/or surgical treatment. You may choose either one of the following PA Partner products:
Flexi PA Partner – Basic PA coverage with flexible sum insured at insured’s option
Premier PA Partner –Wide range of PA coverage with 8 plan options
7. Houseowner/Householder Cover for loss/damage to building and contents caused by fire, lightning, explosions, flood, and burst pipe or by other perils listed in the policy.
How much is my premium?
Your premium may vary depending on the plan you select.
The ‘Liability to the Public’ section does not cover any asbestos related injury or damage involving the use, presence, existence, detection, removal, elimination or avoidance of asbestos or exposure or potential exposure to asbestos
This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to policy contract for the full list of exclusions under this policy.
This plan is underwritten by Tokio Marine Insurans (Malaysia) Berhad. All benefits and features mentioned herein are subject to terms and conditions of the policy. It is In your best interest to refer to the Policy Contract for the precise terms and conditions of this insurance plan.
The information shown here is for reference only and is accurate as at 6 April 2016.
Note: You should satisfy yourself that this policy will best serve your needs. You should read and understand the insurance policy, and at all times, feel free to contact us for more information.