Accident Assist 1-300-22-11-88
Introducing Accident Assist, a new public service provided by the Malaysian insurance and takaful industry to members of the public who are seekiing immediate assistance in event of a road accident. Accident Assist will also respond to basic or common enquiries relating to motor policies / certificates. It is a dedicated tele-service line manned by customer service officers operating 24 hours daily.
Accident Assist aims to improve the overall process following a road accident by providing road accident victims with timely roadside assistance and objective guidance on making a motor insurance / takaful claim.
Accident Assist is managed by general insurers and takaful operators. It is operated by Telekom Malaysia.
Accident Assist can help you with these:
- 24 hours / 7 days a week. helpline
- Guide you to obtain towing services to approved workshops
- Provide information and answer basic or common enquiries which you may have on making a motor insurance / takaful claim
Note: These services are presently only offered to those within Kuala Lumpur and Selangor. The towing services are presently provided only to private cars.
General Insurance Association of Malaysia
The Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia (PIAM) was formed in May 1979 in compliance with Societies Act, 1966 (Revised 1987)
PIAM constitutes the statutory association recognised by the Government of Malaysia for all registered insurers who transact general insurance business in this country.
The key objectives and powers of PIAM are:
- To promote the establishment of a sound insurance structure in Malaysia in co-operation and consultation with Bank Negara Malaysia.
- To promote and represent the interests of members in or connected with Malaysia by all means and methods consistent with the laws and Constitution of Malaysia
- To render to members where possible such advice or assistance as may be deemed necessary and expedient.
- To take note of events, statements and expressions of opinion affecting members, to advise them thereon and represent their interests by expression of views thereon on their behalf as may be deemed necessary and expedient.
- To work as far as possible in co-operation with other similar associations elsewhere in the world.
- To circulate information likely to be of interest to members and to collect, collate and publish statistics and any other relevant information relating to general insurance.
- To work in conjunction with any legal body or any chamber or committee or commission appointed or to be appointed for consideration, framing, amendment or alteration of any law relating to insurance.
- To organise and management arrangements and matters of common interest, concern or benefit to members or any group of members and to collect and manage funds for the same.
- To make rules, regulations and by-laws in accordance with these Articles in consultation with Bank Negara Malaysia.
Let's Get in Touch