Job / Function Purpose :
The key role of the Senior Manager Insurtech is to lead and manages Insurtech team in the conceptualization, design, coding and deployment for new solutions within the organization by leveraging on the latest technologies (Portal, Mobile and IOT). Co-lead overall TMLM Digital Strategy and guiding principles in executing the digital roadmap.
Works to ensure delivering innovative solutions that focus on customer/partner service excellence that drives process transformation and sales channel revenue using technology disruptor in the market.
- Lead key strategic initiatives to implement new Insurtech solutions across functions
- Supports IT Management in providing innovation solutions and showcase latest technology in to influence sales, process optimization and improve customer collaboration
- Drive overall Insurtech solution roadmap; gathers metrics for monthly reporting dashboard
- Lead the implementation of the roadmap and work with the solution delivery team to deliver solutions on time and on spec.
- Consistently engage customer, partner and business to identify emerging Digital Channel vision, trends and best practices.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for production of solution and application architecture and communication of the architecture to developers to enable the efficient design and build of the solutions.
- Work with developers to provide effort estimation on application development.
- Monitor the effort of the application development against the plan.
- Manage resource allocation to ensure work are optimally assigned according to team member's skills and expertise so that assigned task can be completed on time with high quality.
- Support improvement on application development process in order to achieve delivery excellence.
- Provide first level support to online and batch application incidents reported by users and IT operators and resolve them within defined service level.
- Analyze root cause, assess impact, and provide solution and recovery including program fixes and data correction.
- Participate in testing of system recovery to ensure high level of preparedness
- Review the programs and objects to be deployed to ensure that they are adhering to application development standards and release management procedures.
- Level of Education: Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent with relevant experience in SDLC & design techniques.
Years of Experience:
- Well versed in portal and mobile solutions with exposure to latest technology and IOT with at least 7- 10 years.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key sources of InsurTech opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Ability to gather, synthesize and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with modest guidance.