Debit Card Transaction - Card Not Present (CNP)
Effective 1st January 2016, to protect debit cardholders and mitigate the risk of unauthorised transactions. Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) requires the cardholder to expressly activate / opt-in to conduct transactions for debit card under CNP.
If you are currently using / plan to use debit card to pay for your TMLM policies, please ensure the following are performed to ensure uninterrupted coverage under your policies:
- Contact the bank’s call centre or visit any of its branches.
- Check with your card issuing banks to confirm if the debit card is allowed for direct debit transactions.
- Check if any default setting on your debit card and deactivate any restricted settings, if any.
- Increase the default limit or confirm with the bank on maximum limit imposed to avoid any unsuccessful billing attempts.
- Inform the bank that you would like to activate / opt-in to perform CNP transactions. Please note that this is a one time activation / opt-in exercise for each card.
- Ensure there is sufficient fund / limit at all times.
Please also note that if you already have an existing auto-debit arrangement using your debit cards, you need NOT send an updated auto-debit form after activating / opting-in for CNP transactions.
Ready for cashless convenience?
Get in Touch with Us